KAP Group seeks college intern
KAP Group is a strategic advisory firm to the private equity industry. We are seeking one to two part-time interns for the summer, with the potential for an extension into the school year.
The ideal candidate is a college junior or senior, though we are open to considering qualified candidates outside of this profile. The internship will start on June 15, 2015. Interns will meet in person at least once a week, or more frequently as needed, and will be provided with plenty of guidance for working remotely. While KAP Group is a Denver-based company, one of the Managing Principals works out of a home office in the Galena area, which will be the meeting place for in-person meetings.
The KAP Group (KAP) is a Denver-based strategic advisory firm for real estate and private equity managers seeking institutional capital. Since its founding in 2009, KAP has advised more than 35 clients globally who have generated over $4 billion in capital commitments through commingled funds, joint ventures, and separate accounts and have included some of the best regarded managers in the industry. Our clients are located in New York, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Singapore.
The following are some of the services that KAP offers:
- Evaluate vehicle alternatives to meet capital raising objectives
- Develop a fundraising strategy and marketing plan
- Create institutional quality, customized marketing materials (i.e., management presentation, private placement memorandum, one-page overviews)
- Perform a track record analysis
- Prepare managers and their team for prospective investor meetings and on-site due diligence
- Address investor queries and RFPs
- Manage the investor due diligence process from initial meeting through closing
- Provide investor relations services including the development and review of quarterly and annual reports, investor letters, and preparation for annual meetings
This role is an opportunity to gain exposure to the private equity industry and a professional services working environment. The intern’s responsibilities will include:
- Tracking client deal data and maintaining client databases
- Creating client marketing documents in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Completing investor due diligence questionnaires
- Researching industry developments, investor news, and other relevant news items
- Assistance in building KAP’s social media presence
Qualified candidates must have previous job experience in accounting, finance, or another professional services industry and/or be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of basic financial concepts. Be self-directed and an avid learner. The role requires excellent writing skills and strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office product suite – Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Candidates should demonstrate an interest in private equity (an interest in real estate a plus) and possess some industry knowledge. Candidates must be detail oriented and have strong time management skills. Every candidate will be required to submit a writing sample. Candidates must be located in Denver or in the Reno-Tahoe area, though the vast majority of the work may be completed remotely.
Compensation is $20 per hour. Initially, the role will require between 10-15 hours per week with additional hours available during the summer months, and potentially beyond. Candidates must be able to accommodate short deadlines.
Please submit resumes to Liz Weiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jen Hutter at email@example.com.