Reporting to the President, this position requires advanced management skills and the ability to assist in the planning and implementation of the strategic plan for the College. Strong analytical experience is required as well as the ability to interact with faculty, staff, students and the governing Board of the College.
- Oversee and mentor the Business Office
- Streamline and simplify business office processes to ensure the College operates more efficiently and realizes reduced operating costs
- Conduct monthly reviews of operating and financial results to present to upper management and board of trustees.
- Manage the budgeting and financial analysis processes to ensure capabilities exist to provide:
* Management of College finances
*Information to support College strategic planning
*Data to benchmark financial performance
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Identify and manage business risks and insurance requirements
- Establish and maintain sound relationships with financial institutions
- Coordinate and prepare for outside audits.
- Approving and managing the annual budget process
- Reporting and reviewing the budget vs actual performance with senior management and resolving variance issues
- Collaborate with upper management to prepare for critical business opportunities
- A Bachelor's degree and at least seven years of experience of increasing responsibility in budgeting, finance, or accounting, preferably in higher education
- CPA preferred
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Extensive background in cash forecasting and management.
- Strong accounting, budgeting, and finance skills
- Ability to articulate complex financial concepts in lay terms
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Flexibility in thinking
- Good listening skills
- An open, collaborative, and collegial leadership style
If interested, contact:
Dr. Alan G. Walker
999 Tahoe Blvd.
Incline Village, NV 89451
Phone 775.881.7509 | Fax 775.832.1696